Monday, May 10

A very long week!

Sooo on Friday, it was finally time to take Menassee (the COlt i broke for my senior project) home! I was so excited because i'd had him for a year and i'd worked so hard with him and i was excited because someone wanted to buy him!



That's the video of my whole project with Menassee! So yeah, big difference. Any ways, on Thursday i loaded the whole trailer ready for the 8 hour trip back to Georgia, and we were going to bring Rojo (So i was SUPER excited) and I missed school friday to get an early start.

Friday morning, I gave him a little *happy medicine* to perhaps help him get on the trailer, but it didn't really have much effect. We ended up trying for FOUR hours and he never got on. Being nice, i could get him to step up with his two feet, but never all of them.So then we tried force. Instead of running from a whip, he just runs at you full speed and tries to take you out! What a weirdo! We ended up having me, my mom, another girl, my neighbor, and two guys from the barn helping us. We even back him into a corner where he could only go straight and he wouldjump on and before we could close the door, he would shoot back off.

Menassee is so big that he can reach his nose out the escape door, and have his back feet off teh trailer still. We've hauled horses bigger than him, but they would go on the trailer to begin with. We just have a two horse slant load. But yeah, end of story, he didn't go on.

After the long, annoying day of FAILURE, i decided to get on rojo and let him eat some grass. I learned three very important lessons:


  1. Riding in shorts and any western saddle is NEVER good, your legs get stuck!

  2. Riding a hot, strong saddlebred in a halter, no matter how well trained he is, is only good every now and then because he WILL learn to take advantage of you.

  3. Maybe i run rojo too much? Because he was all too happy to walk back home with his head down low and chill, rather than really working.

Any ways, that's how my weekend went! I also took Elmo out on a trail ride, just to let him chill!


1 comment:

  1. I love the video. how awesome. you are amazzzzing bailey. haha. :)

    love how dramatic.... harsh music, then VICTORIOUS! ;D

    love it. okay, I am done ranting. hahah

    -makay

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment pleeeeaaase :)